Narrated by Benedict Cumberbatch
A fury is building on the surface of the Sun – high-velocity jets, a fiery tsunami wave that reaches 100,000 kilometers high, rising loops of electrified gas. What's driving these strange phenomena? How will they affect planet Earth? Find the answers as we venture into the seething interior of our star.
Solar Superstorms explores related content including:
· The Earth-Sun relationship
· Importance of magnetic fields in space
· The nature of polar auroras
· Space weather and the threat to communications and power networks
· Monitoring solar behavior
For more information on this program visit the Spitz Information page.